“A Sanctuary in the City” best describes the glamping cabins at Eden’s Door. Nestled on a ridge in an urban tropical forest on the island of Tobago, they are designed by Jennifer, the Owner and Manager, and crafted by local artisans using logs recycled from the Tobago forests. They are handsome, sturdy, delightful and charming. Each cabin sleeps two, has a queen size bed, worktable, storage shelves, mirror, clothing rack and a deck or two for guests to fully enjoy the unique tropical experience.
Poised on Overlook Ridge near Eden’s Door Trail #2, cabins stand ready for your morning, twilight or evening cardiovascular hike or your stroll to the rest area to enjoy Jennifer’s global cuisine. At night, you’ll hear the patter of rain on the tin roofs, be lulled to sleep as fireflies dance in the dark and be awakened by a chorus of birdsong and the cackle of the Cocrico bird in the forests around you.
1. Six superb trails designed for cardiovascular fitness and set in a cool tropical forest
2. New Trail—Goodall Trek: In June 2020, Eden’s Door launched Goodall Trek, the only trail that runs through the natural Forest Cathedral of Eden’s Door. (Click here to learn more)
3. Breakfast: Eden's Door Farm-to-table gourmet cuisine
4. 105 steps on Trail #1
5. New Shelter for relaxing outdoors
6. A Private Park
7. Fitness Monument—Our Pullup bars
10. Moonlight Hikes; Candlelight Dinners; Theme Parties
11. Access to six beaches within 15 minutes from Eden’s Door
12. Review Jennifer’s “Must See Guide to Tobago,” and select a land or sea Day Trip—
Sailing, Fishing, Snorkeling, Rain Forest Tours, Birdwatching etc.
New Trail—Goodall Trek: In June 2020, Eden’s Door launched Goodall Trek, the only trail that runs through the natural Forest Cathedral of Eden’s Door. Goodall Trek acknowledges the work and life of Dame Jane Morris-Goodall, DBE., who led pathbreaking research observing the social behaviors of chimpanzees in the wild, at Gombe Stream National Park, Tanzania, East Africa for over 60 years. Cutting a trek through the forest has been on Jennifer’s wish list for seven years. Finally, in June 2020, Jennifer found the man for the job, Lucius Williams. You begin the trail a few feet from your cabin door, exit on Trail #2, take a Heart Smart trek to the High Road, then the Upper Road where the hill crests at the highest point of Eden’s Door, 300 feet above sea level.